For many businesses, the run-up to Christmas is their busiest and most profitable time. Unfortunately, it’s also the time when the competition is tough, as enterprises vie for a limited customer base. The right logistics can really make a difference to your performance at this time of year, whether it’s getting your products to your customers faster and more cheaply than anyone else, or ensuring that you are able to get your items into retail outlets in time for further sales, fast, effective transport is essential. To make sure you’re ahead of the game, remember to bear the following in mind:
– Plan ahead! With many customers beginning to shop for Christmas in August or even earlier, it’s vital to ensure you have your delivery options already organised.
– Build-in additional capacity – don’t let a sudden up-turn in sales take you by surprise, last year’s sales figures should give you an idea of when peaks and troughs are likely to occur in the festive period; ensuring your logistics can cope with fluctuations in demand can really make a difference.
– Allow for delays due to the weather. December can often see the first snowfall of the year, particularly in northern counties and Scotland. This can cause potential backlogs, so remember to have a contingency plan devised “just in case”.
– Have you got a trackable delivery option available? Particularly when high volumes of parcels are being delivered, it’s all too easy for that vital present to go astray! Trackable delivery provides customer convenience, as well as making it easier to sort out any issues along the logistical chain.
– Speed matters! Customers value cheap or free delivery, they also value fast delivery. Being able to offer a next day or same-day service often makes a measurable difference to sales!
Start planning your Christmas delivery options now to maximise the chances of a profitable festive season!