If you need to deliver a small parcel or a whole lorry full of commodities, a lot of companies are fully equipped to cater to your specific needs. These are just some of the haulage vehicles that can do the job perfectly!
- Payload: 600kg
- Length: 1.5m
- Width: 1.3m
- Height: 1.2m
- Carries: Standard Pallet x1
The Benefits of Small Vans
Because of their size, vans are great for usage in open roads and populated areas. They have fewer movement constraints compared to lorries. Taking this into consideration, their rates are favourable as compared to hiring lorries (if you are looking for a vehicle to haul a small batch of commodities). They are highly beneficial in delivering your goods and services on time, as well as manage direct shipments from the source to your customers.
LWB and XLWB Vans
- Payload: 1,000kg
- Length: 4.2m
- Width: 1.3m
- Height: 1.9m
- Carries: Standard Pallet x4
The wheelbase of vans is not the length of the entire vehicle: it is the distance taken from the centre of the front wheels and the centre of the rear wheels. Vehicle manufacturers can offer various wheelbases for their vans, although extra-long wheelbase ones are not as common as their long-wheelbase counterparts.
The Benefits of LWB and XLWB Vans
- The loading space of these vans is great for transporting a considerable number of goods. Because these vans are longer than regular vans, they can accommodate more equipment, tools, or goods. In fact, a lot of people have used these vehicles to live the van life full time!
- Because the wheels of the van are further apart, this means having a smoother ride in every journey: dramatic dips and bumps on the road will be felt less and the overall driving experience will be smoother and better.
- Because of their size, long-wheelbase vans allow drivers to feel more stable and at ease. Drivers are often finding themselves accelerating with a lighter foot, leading to better fuel economy and vehicle stability.
7.5 Ton Curtain Side Lorries
- Payload: 2,700kg
- Length: 6m
- Width: 2.4m
- Height: 2.1m
- Carries: Standard Pallet x10
18 Ton Curtain Side Lorries
- Payload: 9,000kg
- Length: 8.4m
- Width: 2.5m
- Height: 2.6m
- Carries: Standard Pallet x16
If you need to transport a range of commodities, whether big or small, in large quantities, Curtain Side lorries can do the job for you. Because they are capable of handling more loads than a cargo van and cost-effective as semi-trailer lorries, they have become a feasible choice in the freight industry.
The Benefits of Curtain Side Lorries
- Unlike semi-trailer lorries that can be detached from the tractor, the cargo box of Curtain Side lorries is mounted on the chassis of the truck permanently. The configuration of these vehicles makes the loading and unloading of goods through the side possible: the rear door can be accessed for the same requirements too.
- When catering to the needs of various customers, it usually means driving to multiple locations using a single truck. Accessing the goods inside a traditional lorry may be difficult if the only opening accessible is the rear door. With Curtain Side lorries, drivers can simply open the side curtains to access the goods, wherever in the cargo box they may be.
- Because Curtain Side lorries can be accessed in three different areas at the same time, this means that loading and unloading times are faster. When it comes to delivering goods, the parking location of the vehicle can affect the loading and unloading times: in some instances, vehicles may have to park at the side of the street to deliver goods to a small shop. If parking space is very limited, larger vehicles may not be able to fully open their rear doors. This is not a problem with Curtain Side lorries because you can always access it at the right or left side, or perhaps the rear door if needed.
3.5 Ton Curtain Side Vans
- Payload: 1,000kg
- Length: 4.2m
- Width: 2.0m
- Height: 2.2m
- Carries: Standard Pallet x6
The Benefits of Curtain Side Vans
- Just like Curtain Side lorries, the loading and unloading process is made easier through Curtain Side vans. You can either load or unload goods from the sides or the rear of the van. Just choose whatever process is more efficient for you. Because Curtain Side vans are smaller, they can be utilised in areas that are not equipped with traditional docks. They are great when used with ground-based forklifts, which is something that rigid lorries cannot do.
- Curtain Side vans have certain advantages over flatbed vans: if transporting cargoes of high value such as machinery and automobiles, the vehicle’s ability to protect and hide the cargoes greatly enhances the safety and security of the freight. They are also great for concealing goods that must be kept from prying eyes. Since the need to apply tarp is eliminated, the process of loading and unloading is made faster.
- Because of their flexibility, Curtain Side vans can accommodate unusual requirements. Logistics with these vehicles are not hindered by the first-on/last-off principles. Because of the three access points, the risk of contaminating the goods is kept to a minimum.
- Payload: 29,000kg
- Length: 13m
- Width: 2.5m
- Height: 2.9m
- Carries: Standard Pallet x26
Artic lorries are one of the most versatile road haulage vehicles. They can be loaded with numerous pallets containing various goods. They have sliding roofs which can be opened to load and unload goods using a crane.
The Benefits of Artic Lorries
They can be used in a variety of requirements. For instance, if you need to transport equipment (sound systems, large speakers, and other items) to events, they can accommodate these items with ease. They can be used to transport items required in exhibitions, as well as delivering goods to warehouses and supermarkets.
If you are looking for a reliable same day couriers haulage delivery service, contact KT ALB Transport on 01793 626 050 or email@example.com today! They can run their fleet of vehicles 24 hours a day, 7 days a week across the UK. They can be with you within one hour from approval to book and will deliver your goods immediately!